Blaze in bedroom
FIRE crews attended a bedroom blaze in Loftus Gardens yesterday afternoon.
They were called just after 4.15pm and on arrival crews found one bedroom heavily smoke logged.
The room was severely damaged by heat and smoke and the cause of the fire was accidental ignition.
A CHRISTMAS fayre is taking place at Kitley House to raise money for Hannahs.
NEW FROM SYMPLY - a wet dog food in a tray freshly steamed with real meat and veg you can see minimum of 68% meat content up to 72% in the adult trays.
Terms: Come and try tray at introductory price of £1
Contact: 01271 440626
Valid until: Friday, January 31 2014
Hannahs Christmas Fayre is being held on Thursday November 15 between 10am and 4pm.
Among the 60 stalls selling Christmas gifts there are a number of newcomers as well as the old favourites.
Now in its 17th year the Christmas fayre helps to raise vital funds for the trust's work with people with a range of disabilities.
Advance tickets including a cream tea or sandwich lunch and a glass of wine are available by calling Emma Boulton on 01626 325683. Tickets for entry only will also be available on the day priced at £6.
AN AWARENESS event for Epilepsy is taking place on Saturday.
The event runs from 2pm to 5pm with information on the disability as well as fundraising opportunities.
It is being held at the Fortescue pub on Mutley Plain.