Chimney fire at City Gate Hotel in Exeter, road closed
A chimney fire in Exeter forced the closures a busy road in the city centre.
The fire was thought to have started in the chimney of the City Gate Hotel on Northernhay Street.
Several calls were received by the fire control centre reporting a chimney fire at the hotel with thick black smoke said to be coming from the property.
Two fire crews from Exeter Danes Castle arrived at 2:23pm, with a Middlemoor appliance joining the incident later.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
Firefighters believed the blaze was not confined to the flue and requested an aerial appliance from Torquay.
Smoke was pouring from the first and second floor bedrooms.
Two breathing apparatus, chimney gear, ome hose reel and thermal imaging camera was used to extinguish the fire.
Police were called to close a section of Iron Bridge as a precaution at 2:30pm.
No injuries were reported to police and the road was reopened at 4:27pm.