Chip shop badly damaged by fire
The fish and chip shop in the popular Cornish tourist village of Port Isaac was badly damaged in a fire last night.
Cornwall fire and rescue service received a call shortly before 6pm to the fire that had broken out in one of the deep fat fryers at the shop in Fore Street.
Two appliances from Delabole with eight crew, one from Wadebridge with four and a major fire appliance from Bodmin with five crew were mobilised.
A fire brigade spokesman said: "The fryer was well alight on crews' arrival.
"The chip shop was on the ground floor of a two-storey building and at around 6.20pm a thermal imaging camera, two hose reels and a covering jet connected to a hydrant were in use."
The fire was put out by 7.30pm when low expansion foam was used to suffocate it.
Police were requested to attend to assist with crowd control.