Elderly couple treated for effects of gas leak
AN ELDERLY couple were treated for the effects of a suspected gas leak.
The man and woman's house in Old Laira Road was evacuated by firefighters shortly after 10am yesterday morning.
The fire crew requested the assistance of police to deal with traffic disruption while the incident is investigated.
A police spokesman said: "At around 10.10am we received a call from the fire service regarding a gas leak at a residential property.
Ask us for a quote for standard C Rated (Window Energy Rating) windows and we will upgrade your order to A Rated for FREE
Terms: Must quote Okehampton People website when arranging survey
Contact: 01837 510303
Valid until: Tuesday, December 31 2013
"The fire service requested our assistance for traffic control.
"An elderly couple are being checked over at the scene but they are conscious and breathing."
Crews are investigating whether a gas hob was left on in the property.