Family poisoned by carbon monoxide in Lapford
THREE fire engines attended a property in Lapford, near Crediton, in the early hours of this morning after a carbon monoxide alarm sounded.
Fire crews from Chulmleigh, Crediton and South Molton arrived at the scene in Moorland View just before 3am.
The occupiers, two adults and two children, had opened the windows to ventilate the house but wished it to be checked and an ambulance was sent for.
The fire crews discovered the carbon monoxide had leaked from a coal fired range cooker. They extinguished the fire in the cooker and ventilated the property using two breathing apparatus, one gas detector, one covering jet, and one hose real were used.
NEW IN : for those cold winter nights highland check dog and cat beds in stock, fleecy and washable ideal for those nights snuggling by the fire...... available in 3 colourways
Contact: 01271 440626
Valid until: Saturday, January 25 2014
The occupiers were treated by paramedics for suspected carbon monoxide poisoning and were then looked after by neighbours.