Holidaymakers saved by smoke alarm
Firefighters have said visitors to a holiday cottage in Somerset have a smoke alarm to thank for saving their lives.
Two fire engines from Williton and one from Minehead were called out to Roadwater, near Washford, at 2.40am yesterday.
The kitchen of a two-storey holiday cottage was found to be on fire and the occupants, alerted by a smoke alarm, had been able to call emergency services and get out of the house.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue service said: "The smoke alarm detected smoke at the earliest stages."
Sign up NOW for a 6 week training program starting in January 2014 and get a 30% discount!
Start a fresh in 2014 with a Personal Trainer! I come to you and design a program to achieve your goals!!
Terms: Within the Mid-North Devon Region. One Voucher per person.
Contact: 07855 055 682
Valid until: Friday, January 31 2014