Man evacuated from flat after cooker fire
A man was rescued from his smoke-filled flat in Somerset after a late night cooker fire.
Firefighters from Bridgwater pulled the man from his flat on Old Taunton Road after a 999 call shortly after 10pm on Tuesday.
They had arrived to find a strong smell of cooking fumes outside the building and gained access through an open window.
The fire, which started on the cooker and is believed to have been accidental, was doused with one jet. Crews also used a pressure ventilator to clear to property of smoke.
BRAND NEW FORD B-MAX ZETEC 1.0 ECOBOOST FOR ONLY £7685*View details
DRIVE AWAY A BRAND NEW FORD B-MAX ZETEC FOR ONLY £7685.
1.0 100PS Manual
Electric Windows & Mirrors
Quickclear Heated Windscreen
15" Alloy Wheels
Bluetooth with Ford Sync
*Drive away from only £7685 and then pay nothing for 24 months!
Contact: 01626 240583
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
The man was treated at the scene by paramedics.