Man rescued after fire breaks out in flat
A man was treated for the effects of smoke inhalation after a late night fire at a flat in Plymouth.
Crews from Greenbank and Crownhill were alerted to the incident at 11.30pm on Saturday after reports of smoke in a four-storey block of flats in Torridge Way, Efford.
Firefighters had to rescue a man from a first floor flat and he was treated by paramedics at the scene.
The fire, involving a cooker, was extinguished using a one jet.
BRAND NEW FORD B-MAX ZETEC 1.0 ECOBOOST FOR ONLY £7685*View details
DRIVE AWAY A BRAND NEW FORD B-MAX ZETEC FOR ONLY £7685.
1.0 100PS Manual
Electric Windows & Mirrors
Quickclear Heated Windscreen
15" Alloy Wheels
Bluetooth with Ford Sync
*Drive away from only £7685 and then pay nothing for 24 months!
Contact: 01626 240583
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
The fire damage was confined to the kitchen. Firefighters said the cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.