Man suffers burns in caravan fire involving gas cylinder
A man had to be treated for burns after two caravans and a gas cylinder caught alight in Barnstaple this afternoon.
Two fire crews from the town were called to reports of a caravan fire in Prixford at around 12.20pm.
Upon arrival, crews confirmed two caravans were alight as well as one gas cylinder.
One man was suffering from burns and smoke inhalation and was treated by paramedics before being taken to hospital by ambulance.
Tuesday 9th & Wednesday 10th. Carol (with over 16yrs experience) has 10% off - facials. Pedicures. Manicures. Body wraps. Spray tans. Waxing. Tinting. Perming
Terms: For 2 days only. With therapist Carol. Please quote "2 day special offer".
Contact: 01271 440617
Valid until: Thursday, December 12 2013
Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used two hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze.
The caravans were severely damaged as a result of the fire.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the fire was accidental.