Man taken to hospital after fire at Stowey Arms, Exminster, near Exeter
ONE man was taken to hospital after fire broke out at a pub near Exeter.
The fire broke out in the kitchen of the Stowey Arms, Exminster, at around 8.30am today and fire engines were sent from the Danes Castle and Middlemoor stations along with retained officers from the Topsham fire station with white watch commander Paul Vowden was in charge of the incident
The fire was found to be centred on an extractor fan in the kitchen and the injured man had suffered smoke inhalation and burns to his hands in an attempt to fight the fire.
Fireman Nigel Deasy said crews dealt with the fire using four breathing apparatus sets, one hose reel, one main jet and a positive pressure ventilation fan.
COMEDY @ THE LODGE FRIDAY 5TH JULY £1 OFF ADVANCED TICKETSView details
A Fantastic night of Live Comedy featuring a handpicked selection of the finest up and coming comedians on the UK circuit who will ensure you have a laughter & fun filled night.
Bar & Food available.
Doors open at 730pm for 830pm show
Book online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/eminentbanter or call the centre on 01752 600220.
Tickets £7 in advance £8 on the night.
Contact: 01752 600220
Valid until: Saturday, July 06 2013
He said: "The property was severely smoke logged with smoke issuing from the eaves and a thermal imaging camera equipment was used to check the building.
"It appears the fire developed and its severity increased because the extractor fan was clogged with grease.
"We would like to take this opportunity to urge those with such fans to check for such build ups."