Man treated by paramedics after Ilfracombe house fire
An Ilfracombe man needed medical attention after a house fire in Ilfracombe last night.
The blaze broke out at a property in Greenways at 6.15pm and two fire crews from Ilfracombe were called to the scene.
The fire in the ground floor kitchen involved a cooking pan and the property was completely smoke logged.
The fire crews removed the pan from the hob, switched off the cooker and ventilated the property.
The man was assessed by the crews and given oxygen therapy until paramedics arrived who then took over his care.