Plymouth area hit by midday chimney fires
The greater Plymouth area was struck by two chimney fires around noon on Sunday.
At 11.30am fire crews from Camels Head, Greenbank and Crownhill were mobilised and sent to Victoria Place, Stoke, Plymouth. When they arrived, they found a chimney on fire and requested that the aerial ladder appliance from Crownhill was sent to the incident.
Using the aerial ladder appliance and chimney gear the crews extinguished the fire.
At 11.40am fire crews from Kingston and Plymstock were mobilised and sent to deal with a report of a chimney fire in the Modbury area.
Bissell's 8910E Aroma Pro is the ultimate in home cleaning giving you a machine that provides outstanding results when not just cleaning carpets but stairs and upholstery too.
Terms: Limited Stock Offer . FREE Delivery to most UK postcodes.
Contact: 01664 491439
Valid until: Tuesday, May 28 2013
Upon arrival, the crews confirmed that a chimney in a two storey domestic property was on fire.
The firefighters used the so-called 135 ladder - usually the biggest ladder used by UK Fire & Rescue Services - a roof ladder and safety at height equipment to gain access to the top of the chimney and put it out.