Plymouth hotel evacuated after fire breaks out in laundry room
Boringdon Hall Hotel was evacuated this morning after a fire broke out in the laundry room.
Firefighters from three stations were sent to the Plymouth venue just before 7am after a fault in a tumble dryer caused the premises to become smoke-logged.
More than 50 guests had to be evacuated while crews from Greenbank, Plympton and Crownhill entered the property and dealt with the fire.
A water bowser and the aerial platform also attended.
Sign up NOW for a 6 week training program starting in January 2014 and get a 30% discount!
Start a fresh in 2014 with a Personal Trainer! I come to you and design a program to achieve your goals!!
Terms: Within the Mid-North Devon Region. One Voucher per person.
Contact: 07855 055 682
Valid until: Friday, January 31 2014
Crews say the fire was contained to the tumble drier and after making sure it was out they ventilated the property - and were back at station within an hour.
Guests were out of the hotel for 15 minutes after which they could return to the main part of the building - and later to their rooms.
Six bedrooms are smoke damaged.