Purple sprouting broccoli with bacon recipe from Riverford Organics
Another great seasonal recipe idea from Riverford Organics. Simple but fabulous!
- 300g purple sprouting broccoli
- 75g smoked streaky bacon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 dried chilli, chopped finely
1. Blanch 300g of PSB for five minutes in plenty of boiling salted water. While it is cooking fry about 75g of smoked streaky bacon (sliced into lardons) in 3 tablespoons olive oil until almost brown.
2. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for another 2 minutes. Then add the PSB and braise with the bacon mixture for another 5 minutes.
3. Season this dish carefully because of the use of salty bacon and chilli.