Seagull saved from chimney
FIREMEN rescued a seagull trapped in barbed wire on the roof of a home.
A crew freed the chick from wire around a chimney in St Budeaux yesterday.
The RSPCA called in the fire brigade because the bird was in distress in Loughboro Road.
Firefighters from Camels Head freed the chick from the two-storey home and removed the barbed wire.
The RSPCA took away the bird, believed to have been trapped by its leg for some time, but its condition is not known.
Firefighter Alan Davis said: "At the end of the day we are a humanitarian service and we do not want to see animals suffer."