Smoker suffers burns in Plymouth dressing gown fire horror
A WOMAN suffered minor burns after her dressing gown caught fire while she was trying to light a cigarette.
Crew manager Tim Reid from Greenbank said the 60-year-old had been wearing a polyester night gown at the time.
He said it "easily" caught fire as she was sat in her armchair igniting her cigarette.
The material melted to her skin although he confirmed that her burns were not severe.
NEW IN : for those cold winter nights highland check dog and cat beds in stock, fleecy and washable ideal for those nights snuggling by the fire...... available in 3 colourways
Contact: 01271 440626
Valid until: Saturday, January 25 2014
A crew from Crownhill was dispatched to her address at Downton Close off North Road West in Stonehouse at 10.23pm on Thursday evening.
The fire was out on arrival but firefighters administered first aid. They used water gel to cool her injuries.
CM Reid said the woman appeared confused and so an ambulance was called as a precaution.
Firefighters were at the scene for around an hour.