Snow in Devon: the latest forecast
The cold snap in Devon looks set to stay, with sleet, ice and snow forecast over the coming days, and sub-zero temperatures overnight.
Yellow weather warnings of ice are in place for Devon today, and of both snow and ice tomorrow. The Met Office predicts icy stretches on untreated surfaces.
Between one and three centimetres of snow could fall in the South West today, and the Met Office warns of further localised snow accumulation tomorrow.
Sleet is expected in Dartmoor from around 6am on Tuesday, developing as the day goes on into heavy snow.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
Heavy snowfall will continue until around 3am on Wednesday, at which point it will be replaced by light snow and fog.
There is a 60 per cent chance of precipitation - that is, rain, sleet or snow - in Dartmoor tomorrow afternoon, rising to 80 per cent overnight.
Temperatures are set to fall to -3°C tonight, and to zero overnight on Tuesday. However, the Met Office says it could feel much colder - as low as -6°C tomorrow night.
Meanwhile in Newton Abbot, light snow is expected to fall from around 6am to 9am on Tuesday. Sleet is forecast overnight tomorrow, and further light snow from around 6am to 9am on Wednesday.
The chance of precipitation in Newton Abbot tomorrow ranges from 20 per cent to 80 per cent, and from 20 to 60 per cent on Wednesday.
Temperatures will fall to zero in Newton Abbot tonight, and to 1°C tomorrow night. However, it could feel as cold as -3°C overnight tomorrow.
There is a 40 per cent chance of precipitation in Plymouth this afternoon, rising to 60 per cent tomorrow. Temperatures will reach highs of 5°C on Tuesday, but it could feel as cold as -2°C.
Yellow warnings of ice are in place in Devon until Wednesday afternoon.
The South West should brace itself for travel disruption both today and tomorrow, the Met Office warns.
Video filmed by Moss
Want to get paid for your video footage? Click here to discover more about Newsflare