Spate of chimney fires prompts warning
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service have urged people to take extra care after a spate of chimney fires.
Crews dealt with five chimney fires in the space of two hours on Tuesday evening.
Fire investigation officer Mike Burroughs said: "With the nights still being quite cold people have naturally been warming up their homes by lighting the traditional home fire, but without proper maintenance a chimney can become dangerous.
To keep yourself and your family safe from fire you should take care to have your chimney swept regularly."
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013