Tumble drier sparks Torquay fire alert
AN electrical fault in a tumble drier sparked an alert in Torquay town centre.
Three residents in a flat in Castle Lane, off Market Street, called the fire service on Friday night (pictured) when a smoke alarm went off and they found smoke and flames coming out of the drier.
A fire spokesman said they did the right thing closing the door of the room and leaving the flat.
A mother and two-year-old child also evacuated a flat next door.
£3 Off Instant Passport / ID Photos - Fully Guaranteed ServiceView details
Don't trust the photo booths? Get set for your Summer Holidays with J&A Cameras. We are offering £3 Off our Passport Office Approved Instore Passport Photo Service so come in and get it done properly!
Terms: Instant passport photos guaranteed to be correct with the passport office, or we will re-take them for free. No refunds will be given as an alternative. Valid until June 30th 2013.
Contact: 01271 447066
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
Two Torquay fire crews attended and used four breathing apparatus and two hose reel.
There was fire and smoke damage to the room and smoke damage to the rest of the flat.