Warning after garden bonfire gets out of control
Firefighters were forced into action after an unattended garden fire got out of control last night.
A crew from Camels Head attended a house at around 10pm in Keppel Street in Devonport where "garden rubbish" had been left to burn.
Crew Commanader Pete Dahle said the bonfire had been very close to a neighbouring house. While the property was not effected by the fire, he said there had been heavy smoke emitting.
He warned: "If you have a bonfire it should not be left unattended. You should also have a means of putting it out, such as a hose pipe or a bucket of water ready."
NEW FROM SYMPLY - a wet dog food in a tray freshly steamed with real meat and veg you can see minimum of 68% meat content up to 72% in the adult trays.
Terms: Come and try tray at introductory price of £1
Contact: 01271 440626
Valid until: Friday, January 31 2014
Firefighters used a water hose to put out the smoking bonfire.