Fire breaks out in ground-floor kitchen
A fire at a shop in Union Street, Torquay, was doused by firefighters yesterday lunchtime.
Two fire engines and the aerial ladder platform from Torquay were sent to the fire, in the ground floor kitchen of the two-storey building, at 12.20pm.
Four officers wearing breathing sets entered the premises and extinguished the fire with a jet.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the fire had started accidentally.
£3 Off Instant Passport / ID Photos - Fully Guaranteed ServiceView details
Don't trust the photo booths? Get set for your Summer Holidays with J&A Cameras. We are offering £3 Off our Passport Office Approved Instore Passport Photo Service so come in and get it done properly!
Terms: Instant passport photos guaranteed to be correct with the passport office, or we will re-take them for free. No refunds will be given as an alternative. Valid until June 30th 2013.
Contact: 01271 447066
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
The kitchen had what a spokesman called "moderate damage". Fire crews also used a thermal imaging camera to check for remaining hotspots.