Perhaps we'll never know
REFERENCE Peter Goodman (Your Say, October 5), I'd expect the first question from any government might actually be why was the airport closed, closely followed by and who allowed it to close? In which case, Mrs Pengelly's previous Conservative administration might have some explaining to do.
Or not. After all, didn't her administration commission two separate independent consultant's reports, both of which concluded the airport would never be profitable, and weren't these used by that council to justify accepting its closure?
Perhaps we'll never know, as I imagine these reports are commercially confidential. But if the Herald has consistently reported that SHH benefits by only 25 per cent of any development profit on the airport site, because the Armageddon clause remits the remaining 75 per cent to the citizens of Plymouth, or our elected representatives, I think we can accept that as fact, regardless of our own opinions on the use as an airport.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013