Fire severely damages launderette in Totnes
A fire broke out at a launderette in Totnes last night while firefighters were tackling a blaze at a hotel just a few hundred yards away.
Fire crews from Ashburton and Torquay were called to the laundrette in the High Street just after 10pm.
Local fire crews were busy battling a large blaze at the Royal Seven Stars Hotel at the bottom of the town.
Upon arrival at the scene, firefighters confirmed a fire on the ground-floor of the launderette involving a tumble-dryer.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel jet, one main covering jet and a thermal imaging camera to tackle the blaze.
They cleared the property of smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
The fire was extinguished by 11.30pm.
The three-storey property was made up of a launderette on the ground-floor and two flats above.
Fire chiefs confirmed the launderette was severely damaged by heat and smoke but both of the flats above were unaffected.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the fire was believed to be accidental.